Monday, July 2, 2012

Poppies and Love

Hello all.  Sorry about the gap between posts, I have been recovering from a nasty 3 week migraine.  Ugh!!  Today I am sharing a card I made for the Moxie Fab Stamp It Love challenge.

I started out by stamping my background using the small poppy from Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company new Welcome Poppies set and stamping it in Stampin Up! razzleberry ink onto razmataz berry to create a background frame before stamping my main image onto white storm heavy card stock in memento tuxedo black ink and coloring with prismacolor markers.  I then stamped a couple of extra smaller poppies onto scrap card stock, colored, and set aside to cut out and pop up later.  Once my coloring was finished, I lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass ink around the edges, layered, and added some mini brads before adding my cut out poppies using pop dots.  The final embellishment was some black ice stickles to the poppy centers and some satin Stampin Up! ribbon.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Welcome Poppies
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Stampin Up! Razzleberry
Card Stock: All MFP
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Pop Dots, Brads, Ribbon, Stipple Brush, Black Ice Stickles, Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. This is beautiful! I love the deep color on the flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is stunning!!!! Incredibly rich colors!!!! I hope you have some migraine free days!!! I think of you often since my sister also suffers from the month long migraines.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Bonnie! Thanks for linking this up to the Love Card Challenge for Stamp It! Cards Week in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete