Wednesday, May 23, 2012

Tulips and Butterflies



Hi there and welcome to hump day.  I found the sketch on my friend Rainy's blog, aka Susan Roberts, this last weekend, and just had to make sure I got one done, migraine or no migraine, so while stamping my card for tomorrow's My Time Made Easy's sketch challenge I stamped some extra images for Susan's.

After stamping the tulip image from MTME's Bold Botanticals in memento tuxedo black, I pulled out my prismacolor markers and got to coloring before cutting one of the tulips out to pop up later.  I then stamped out, cut out, and colored, three butterflies making sure to pop them up at different levels after stippling bashful blue & razzleberry inks around the tulips.  Since I had decided on a brightly colored theme for my card, I also added some Basic Gray Lauderdale designer paper to the main image layers as well as the card itself.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and if you get a chance, why not join in the sketch challenge on Susan's blog since the deadline is June 1st.

Stamps: MTME Bold Botanicals
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Razzleberry
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Razzleberry, Only Orange, Basic Gray Lauderdale Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Dimensionals, Pop Dots, Ice Stickles, Ribbon, Small Hole Punch

No comments:

Post a Comment