Monday, March 26, 2012

Turquoise Peacock - Moxie Fab Feather Challenge

Hello all and welcome to Tuesday!  Today I am sharing a card I made for the Moxie Fab Fascination With Feathers challenge.  I've had this Hero Arts stamp set in my stash for awhile just begging for ink and the perfect opportunity arrived, especially since I was having a hard time sleeping from a migraine over the weekend.

I started out by stamping one of the peacock tail feathers in Stampin Up! tempting turquoise around a turquoise card to form a frame before adding a dry embossed teal panel.  Once that was done I added some $1 ribbon from stash and then stamped my main image in memento tuxedo black ink onto snow storm smooth premium paper before coloring with prismacolor markers and stippling tempting turquoise ink over the tail feathers.  Once that was done, I got this wild hair, and stamped some "loose" feathers underneath the feet of the peacock, colored them, and stippled the same ink over my coloring before layering and adding teal brads.  Then I added some Recollections bling, diamond ice stickles, and silver ice stickles to the tail feathers and head accents before adding some primas with silver ice stickle centers.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and make sure to stop by the Moxie Fab blog to enter into the challenge.  You still have plenty of time since it ends on April 2nd.



Stamps: Hero Arts
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise, Taken With Teal
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, Stampin Up! Tempting Turquoise, Taken With Teal
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brushes, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Ribbon, Primas, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, Brads

3 comments:

  1. Very pretty card love the colors great job
    hugs
    dottie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Bonnie! Thanks for linking this up to the Fascination with Feathers Challenge in the Moxie Fab World! I'm so glad you joined in on all the fun! :)

    ReplyDelete