Monday, March 5, 2012

I See Better Days Ahead - Friends Of SpeedyTV Challenge #10

Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my MFT post, please scroll down one posting.  Thanks.


Welcome to another Friends of SpeedyTV challenge brought to you by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company.  This week our challenge to create a sympathy card since we are all challenged to make those when we really need them. 

For my card, I pulled out a trio of sets, Dogwood Blossoms, Light Up Your Life for the inside, and one of my favorite sets Winter Crocus.  After the dogwood branch several times in memento tuxedo black onto Snow Storm Smooth premium paper and coloring with prismacolor markers, I stamped the single dogwood blossom four more times, colored, and cut out to pop up later instead of using brads around my saying.  Pulling out my spellbinders dies, I die cut two layers and then stamped my saying for a clean and simple look before adding my "blossom brads".  No additional embellishments were needed once the extra blossoms were added.  'I'm really happy with the way it turned out since I put it together while dealing with another nasty migraine.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and make sure to stop by SpeedyTV and participate in our challenge this week.


Stamps: MFP Winter Crocus, Dogwood Blossoms, Light Up Your Life
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: MFP Snow Storm Smooth, MFP Markies Strawberry Milkshake, Deep Olive
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Spellbinders Dies, Dimensionals, Big Shot

8 comments:

  1. this is VERY pretty Bonnie, those are gorgeous stamps and colored perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I find this quite reassuring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie,
    Very pretty card and lovely and calming sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card ~ love the coloring!!
    Nancy xx :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bonnie...this is a beauty...love the pink, black, and white....so dramatic and beautiful

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, this is so pretty!! I love your gorgeous flower frame!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card, Bonnie. Love the 'frame' of flowers.

    ReplyDelete