Saturday, March 31, 2012

He Is Risen!

Second post for me today.  If you're looking for my Play Date Cafe post, please scroll down one.  Thanks.

I found another interesting challenge blog surfing the net when I couldn't sleep the other night called 4Crafty Chicks and decided to give it a try.  I couldn't sleep from the pain I was in from my migraine and the double meds were not working, so it was either stamp or cry and trust me, the cry part hurts worse.  This week's challenge is Easter and I still had some Easter stamps on my stamp table from a challenge the week before.

So I pulled out my Blessings set and stamped the lilies in memento tuxedo black ink onto MFP white storm card stock and colored with prismacolor markers before lightly stippling Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around the edges and layering.  Then, I stamped one of the butterflies from Hello Butterflies in Tim Holtz tattered rose distress ink onto strawberry milkshake premium paper before stippling and layering onto a stamped spring leaf card (using the butterfly from MFP's birthday mini).

Once all of my layering was done, I took my He Is Risen set and stamped the saying in memento black making sure the saying split the lilies stem.  Then taking some left over spring leaf card stock, I die cut a sizzix flourish and added a silk Michael's bridal confetti butterfly with a pearl brad body using pop up glue dots.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Blessings, He Is Risen, Hello Butterflies, Birthday Mini
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tattered Rose Distress Ink, Stampin Up! Green Galore, Bashful Blue
Card Stock: MFP White Storm, Strawberry Milkshake, Spring Leaf
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Sizzix Flourish Die, Big Shot, Pearl Brads, Making Memories White Baby Brads, Stipple Brushes, Pop Up Glue Dots, Michael's Butterfly Bridal Confetti, Micro Glue Dots, Mini Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for joining us for our what Easter means to you challenge. Lovely card.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Guest Designer @ 4CCC

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely Easter card! I love that butterfly :) Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us for the first time. I hope your migraine is better. The flowers are beautiful and the butterfly is awesome. Thanks for sharing your inspiration with me at 4 Crafty Chicks.

    ReplyDelete