Thursday, October 14, 2010

Cold Nose, Warm Hearts








If you're looking for my Wednesday Stamp Club post, please scroll down.

I happened to come across a challenge at Splitcoaststampers hosted by The Cats Pajamas and since my TCP stamps were a bit dusty, I decided to join in.  Since October is Breast Cancer Awareness month, the challenge was to use pink.

Since most of my TCP stamps are either western or Christmas type, this challenge was really going to be a challenge for me. 

Pulling out my Deck The Hall set, I stamped the images in memento tuxedo black on MFT's Perfect Panels and colored with prismacolor markers making sure the candy cane stripes were also in pink.  After layering, I pulled out some $1 ribbon from Michael's I've had in my stash for who knows how long to separate the image panel from the card itself so it didn't get lost in all of the pink.  I also found some frosted Primas, MFT baby brads and an EK Success ribbon awareness punch as embellies. 

Once the front side was done, it was time to get to the inside.  Keeping it simple, I just re-stamped my main image in Stampin Up! Regal Rose ink, stamped my saying from MFT in black and added the pink ribbon again.

Thanks for stopping by.


Stamps: TCP Deck The Hall, MFT Essential Sentiments
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Regal Rose, MFT Perfect Panels
Cardstock: DCWV Linen Matt Stack, Stampin Up! Regal Rose, Pixie Pink, Pretty In Pink scrap
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Ribbon, MFT Chocolate Kiss Baby Brads, Primas, EK Success Ribbon Awareness Punch, Pop Dots, Glue Dots

1 comment: