Monday, December 7, 2009

Candy Congrats!


Hello again from chilly California. Did you know that suckers make great baby rattles? No, I have not lost my marbles completely although I do have another migraine. I'm talking about MFT's new kit I Want Candy. Now combine that with the newly released set Alpha Dots, designed by our wonderful MFT lady herself Kim, and you have a sweet baby card.


First, I stamped my sucker/rattle background on MFT's Sno Cone cardstock in Versamagic Aquatic Splash ink. Then I stamped my sucker/rattle in Memento Tuxedo Black in on scrap MFT Perfect Panels, and colored with prismacolor markers. To add just a bit more color and make the perfect panels match the cardstock more, I sponged a retired Stampin Up! color, Mint Melody, around the edges before layering on scrap Sno Cone cardstock and sponging Mint Melody some more.


I then stamped my CONGRATS with the same Versamagic Aquatic Splash in on scrap Perfect Panels, punched them out with a 1/2 inch punch and set aside. Using the blank solid stamp in the Alpha Dots set, I inked it up with Memento Bahama Blue ink enough times to layer under each of the letters and cut those out. Once I had everything cut out, I began assembling my card splitting up the CON-GRATS as needed with the rattles in between. A blue gingham bow and three gem flower stickers finished the card off.


This card will be going to my niece and her husband who were just approved by the Ethiopian courts on their application to adopt two little orphaned brothers; one 18mos and one 3yrs old. They are the cutest little guys! I can't wait for them to come home. We're hoping by Christmas, but if not, then maybe just after the New Year.




Stamps: MFT AlphaDots, I Want Candy
Cardstock: MFT Sno Cone, Perfect Panels
Ink: Versamagic Aquatic Splash, Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Mint Melody, Memento Bahama Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Gem Stickers, Glue Dots, Sponges, 1/2 inch punch, Blue Gingham Bow

1 comment: