Tuesday, October 20, 2009

Dancing Queen


Last week's challenge with the "So You Think You Can Stamp" series was retro, or to go disco. The memories this challenge brought back this week. Yes, I know I'm dating myself but who cares. After considering several songs, "Jive Talking", "Burn Baby Burn..Disco Inferno", "Stayin Alive", I settled for Abba's "Dancing Queen" which was one of my non Bee Gee or Andy Gibb favorites.


I started out by stamping The Poppies twice on white cardstock and cutting out the guitar players to pop up later and then stamped Party Girl on MFT perfect panels and cut out to pop up later as well. I used elements from Funky Flowers to make my "tambourine" :) and highlighted it with Stampendous class-a-peel stickers I've had for eons in my stash after coloring everything with prismacolor markers. The "skirt" of my dancer is a silk red heart bridal confetti from Michaels that I cut & modified to make a "modest" skirt for a 17 year old from the disco era and highlighted that with platinum ice stickles. My "lights" are also Stampendous class-a-peel stickers so I would not have to cut or punch out anything to make disco lights.


Stamps: MFT Party Girl, The Poppies, Funky Flowers

Cardstock: Stampin Up! Brocade Blue, Black, White, MFT Perfect Panels, Designer Paper

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Brilliant Blue, Soft Sky, Versafine Chalk Ink

Accessories: Stipple Brushes, Stampendous Class-A-Peel Stickers, Primas, Glue Dots, Gem Stickers, Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, Pop Dots, Micro Pop Dots, Mini Pop Dots, Artist Pen, Silk Heart Bridal Confetti

No comments:

Post a Comment