Sunday, October 11, 2009

Angel Bear


I recently discovered a new challenge blog that also professes their faith called Stampin Sisters In Christ. I've kind of "lurked" on the site for a few weeks now and finally decided to participate in one of the challenges. This week's challenge is based on Jeremiah 1:5 "Before I formed you in the womb, I knew you" (NIV). In other words, we had to make a baby card, baby shower card, etc. I had this super cool set from Taylored Expressions, called Beary Special, that needed to see some ink so I pulled it out and got to work.

I started by pulling out an old Rollergraph teddy bear wheel and inking it up with Stampin Up! pretty in pink dye ink on Stampin Up! pretty in pink cardstock. Then I took my teddy bear and angel wings and stamped then in memento tuxedo black in on white cardstock and colored them with prismacolor markers before cutting them out. With each of my layers, I sponged Stampin Up! regal rose or pixie pink dye ink before starting the next layer and then finishing off with brads. I used the phrase "My Little Angel" because new babies are born totally innocent and express an innocent love as well. They learn bad habits from their parents, siblings, and outside influences.

Stamps: Taylored Expressions Beary Special, Rollergraph Teddy Bear Wheel
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, White, Pixie Pink, Blush Blossom
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Pretty In Pink, Pixie Pink
Accessories: Ribbon, Dimensionals, Stipple Brushes, Sponges, Prismacolor Markers, Glue Dots, Brads

3 comments:

  1. You are so right, babies are little angels. I always say that babies are fresh from heaven! The TE teddy bear with the wings is the perfect image.

    Thanks for sharing with us at SSCC.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a sweet card, Bonnie. Sounds like a great challenge site. I may have to lurk for awhile! lol

    ReplyDelete