Thursday, October 8, 2009

Autumn


It's that time of year when the leaves turn colors, the air gets a bit cooler, and thoughts start to turn to the holidays and who's coming to dinner...or in some cases what's coming to dinner.

I finally decided to pull out my Stampin Up! stamps that have not seen ink since I purchased them and at least use them once to justify the purchase. Besides, I needed to make a card for my secret sister and my head was still killing me from a migraine so detail coloring was not really an option.

So I pulled out some designer paper from my stash from who knows how long it's been there, and some Stampin Up! top note die cuts from my secret sister a couple of rounds ago. Once I had the wheat stamped on the die cut, I stamped the pheasant twice, and colored only once, cut out and popped up on a dimensional before adding some flowers from my stash I've also had for who knows how long. I mentioned to my husband he needed to get me some more flowers, and he laughed at me stating I had enough flowers, and I needed "more"? What is it that husbands do not understand about flowers? Of course I need more, because I don't have anymore of this color!

Once I got the flower issue taken care of, and the laughing stopped, I could pay more attention to finish assembling the card. About the only thing missing at that point was a mini bow in the top left hand corner and a little bit of sponging around the edges of the card itself to add some more color.

What's your favorite part of autumn?

Stamps: Stampin Up! Autumn Days
Cardstock: Dusty Durango, More Mustard, White, Designer Paper
Ink: More Mustard, Dusty Durango, Brown
Accessories: Dimensionals, Prismacolor Pencils & Blender Marker, Sponges, Paper Flower Stickers, Top Note Die Cuts

No comments:

Post a Comment