Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Sympathy Trio

The need to make sympathy cards never seems to arrive at the right time. But then, what is the right time? Last week, I found myself needing to make several cards for my husbands family when Uncle Benny passed away last Tuesday. For my mother-in-law and my husband's aunt, I had some Thomas Kincade cards ready made just in case they would ever be needed. What do you do though, when the mojo disappears due to the shock of someone's passing on top of migraine medication?

In my case, I turned to the trusty keep it simple stamper method. It's never failed me before, and it didn't fail me now.

Using my Stampin Up! color wheel, I chose a color scheme for my cards (in this case soft subtles) and just moved the colors around. This way I was able to mass produce my cards, and still keep them somewhat personalized at the same time.

I pulled out a Stampin Up! Easter set that I thought was appropriate and a Stampin Up! sympathy set and just combined them. I'm very happy with the results. The outside of the cards has the verse from Luke 24:6 "He is not here but is Risen" from the Glorious Gift set; with the inside verse "Earth has no sorrow that Heaven cannot heal" from the Close as a Memory set.







Stamps: Stampin Up! Close As A Memory, Glorious Gift
Card Stock: Stampin Up! Almost Amethyst, Barely Banana, Apricot Appeal, Certainly Celery, Soft Sky
Ink:Stampin Up! Almost Amethyst, Soft Sky, Lavender Lace, Apricot Appeal, Pretty In Pink, Certainly Celery
Accessories: Confetti Flowers, Stampendous Bling Stickers, Mini Glue Dots, Stipple Brush



No comments:

Post a Comment