Tuesday, April 28, 2009

My Time To Color!



I finally got time to do mytime's (Lauren) new color challenge posted on her blog this last weekend. Definitely not colors I would have chosen to put together, but I really like how these cards turned out.


I decided to use my new Papertrey Ink sets from PTI's April release for this challenge: Tea For Two and Scattered Showers.


For the teapot card, I stamped the teapot in PTI pure poppy ink on SU so saffron card stock; then again on vanilla scrap paper before cutting out to pop up on a dimensional. The saying was stamped in SU basic gray ink and then SU so saffron ink was sponged around the edges of the image panel before layering on spring rain, basic gray, and then pure poppy. Gem stickers from Michaels were used to create "faux brads" as well as highlighting the center of the prima flower.


For my umbrella card, I stamped the umbrella in PTI spring rain ink on PTI spring rain card stock then cut out and layered over the handle stamped in SU basic gray. SU so saffron ink was then sponged around the edges of the image layer before stamping the saying and layering on spring rain, basic gray, and pure poppy card stocks. Gem stickers were once again used to create "faux brads" and to highlight the prima flower as well as the umbrella.


I can't wait to see what the next challenge is that Lauren comes up for us on Saturday. Join in if you can.


Stamps: PTI Tea for Two, Scattered Showers
Card stock: PTI Pure Poppy, Spring Rain, SU So Saffron, Basic Gray, Vanilla
Ink: PTI Spring Rain, Pure Poppy, SU So Saffron, Basic Gray
Accessories: Sponge, Primas, Gem Stickers, Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Bonnie - these are gorgeous!! Love the shading - That teapot...LOVE it! :) Haven't "seen" you - hoping all is well...{{{HUGS}}}

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Bonnie! I love the blue umbrella and how it pops on the yellow background!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are pretty! Isn't it neat how a color combo can work on two very different styled stamp sets?! Both are on my wishlist! :>

    ReplyDelete