Wednesday, April 15, 2009

MFT Idol Judges Challenge


This is my entry for MFT's week 5 Idol challenges. This week all of the remaining contestants were given the week off and the judges, all of SCS, had come up with a project, any project using just MFT stamps.


I had decided for my project to make something for a co-worker for our monthly "tea time" breaks on the weekends I work.


I started by printing off a couple of templates I had downloaded; one for my card and one for my tea bag holder. The template for my card comes from www.houseofstirfry.com/chia and the "oven" tea bag holder is PTI's "bun in the oven" template from http://www.papertreyink.com/. Once my "oven" template was cut out, I stamped tea bags & tea cups all over the sides before assembling. The stove top burners were punched using a Target $1 spot flower punch and scrap Stampin Up! basic grey paper and adhered with mini glue dots.


For my card, I traced the tea cup template on a folded 8 1/2 x 11 piece of white card stock folded in half, then cut it out and did the same with the Stampin Up designer paper. Stamped the image and colored it with prismacolor markers before adding Earth Elements brads and primas.

Close up's of the card and "oven" tea bag holder follow.






I feel fortunate to have made the MFT Judges challenge top 10 finalists for SCS to vote on for a VIP prize package worth almost $50 for the May MFT release; especially since my project was done while on migraine meds.

Stamps: MFT Tea For Two, Hot Stuff

Card stock: White, Not Quite Navy, SU NQN dp

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Papertrey Ink Chocolate, SU Going Grey, Soft Sky

Accessories: Stipple Brush, Sponge, Primas, Mini Glue Dots, Templates, Brads, Prismacolor Markers, Tea Bags, $1 Punch, Color Spritzer Tool, NQN Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment