Wednesday, April 22, 2009

SCS Christmas Card Challenge



Second Post today.

Do you like to make your own Christmas cards? I sure do, that's why I always do the Splitcoast Stampers Christmas Card Challenge. This helps me make sure I have plenty of cards to send out at Christmas without all of the stress and fuss of making them last minute and not enjoying the season, not to mention the real reason for celebrating Christmas. Depending on how many cards you need, depends on how many you need to make a month. This year I'm only needing to make five cards per month since I've got so many left over from last year (I had made 10 a month).

I decided to use a set I had bought on the Splitcoast Buy/Sell/Trade forum from Papertrey Ink called Snowflake Serenade. I love snowflakes, snow, when it's snowing, ect. It's so peaceful and quiet during that time that it's somehow soothing. I decided to keep my cards monochromatic as well which is using one color family to make my cards; in this case the color family of blue.

I stamped the snowflake cards themselves using Papertrey Ink's Spring Rain color on Stampin Up! soft sky (retired) paper. Then stamped the peace saying in the same ink on white paper and stippling Stampin Up! soft sky ink (retired) around the edges. Using two different sizes of clear gem stickers, I highlighted the "dot" flourishes of the peace saying before adding primas and a punched snowflake all highlighted with a clear gem sticker. Below are two close up samples using the two different sizes of clear gem stickers.







Want to be involved in the challenge? You can jump in and sign up anytime.



Stamps: Papertrey Ink Snowflake Serenade

Card stock: Stampin Up! Soft Sky (retired), white

Ink: Papertrey Ink Spring Rain

Accessories: Stipple brush, primas, mini glue dots, Martha Stewart snowflake punch, clear gem stickers

No comments:

Post a Comment