Saturday, April 18, 2009

MFT Idol Week 6 Challenge - Nothing Is Impossible!

This week's challenge is to make a one-layer wonder, aka one-layer card. There was a collective groan in the challenge & chatter thread on SCS. However for me.....Yippee Skippy!!! I love one-layer cards! Sometimes for me, adding layers is harder than keeping it simple.

When I first started stamping there was no one around to teach me anything about the different techniques used, embellishments, and the like. I had to teach myself; so all of my cards were only one layer to begin with and extremely simple with no color guidelines to go by either. I didn't start using layers or embellishments until after I had met a Stampin Up! demo and went to my first workshop where I learned how to watercolor and 2-step stamp. In fact, I still have the stamp sets I ordered from that workshop too. However, I digress.

For this week's MFT challenge, I pulled out one of my newer stamp sets and couple of ones that needed too see some love. I stamped the knight & dragon first then masked them, stamped the castle & the trees and then removed the masks and used prismacolor markers to color everything in. Using the prismacolor blender marker on the castle & dragon gave both of them a rugged or mottled appearance adding to their charm. Using only part of a bouquet of flowers I stamped them at the bottom of the card to look like little "clusters" of flowers growing in front of the castle before adding gold ice stickles to the centers.


Once done with all of my stamping, I lightly stippled two different greens for grass and then blue for the sky and did the same around the edges of the card. Simple.

Stamps: MFT Good Knight, Bundles of Bouquets, Nature Calls

Card stock: white

Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, PTI New Leaf, Rasberry Fizz, SU Glorious Green, Green Galore, Soft Sky

Accessories: Stipple Brush, Prismacolor Markers, Ice Stickles, Post-its (for masking)

1 comment:

  1. Great card and congrats on last weeks pick! What is a Prisma Color blender marker and how do you use it? Would you use it instead of a blending stump and Gamsol?

    ReplyDelete