Thursday, February 8, 2024

Weathered Wreath

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made using an embossing folder/die set I received as a RAK last year that I've finally gotten a chance to use (NBUS).  

I started out by using the wood grain embossing folder, and my big shot, to dry emboss an espresso card panel then stippled some Tim Holtz walnut stain distress over the raised images using my paper pouncers.  I then layered the embossed layer, added brads and distressed the edges using my Tim Holtz paper distresser then adhered the layered panel to a espresso card base using glue dots.  Taking several snippets/scraps of card stock from my stash, I then die cut the wreath, leaves and flowers.  Once again taking my paper pouncers, I stippled Tim Holtz tattered rose, mowed lawn, and frayed burlap distress inks until I was satisfied with the coverage, then I adhered everything using my Bearly Art glue.  At this point, I felt I needed a few more flowers, so I dug out my pre-punched hydrangea's and selected a few of those, and adhered them after stippling more tattered rose ink on them.  The final touches are a pink satin bow and some Stampendous bling stickers I've had for YEARS in the center of the flowers.  The extra blank space underneath the wreath will have a saying added when I decide what I want there.  The whole card, and die cutting, was fairly easy to do even with a migraine (still).

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: None
Ink: Tim Holtz Tattered Rose, Frayed Burlap, Mowed Lawn, Walnut Stain Distress Inks
Card Stock: SU Espresso; Scraps
Accessories: Big Shot, Momenta Embossing Folder and Dies, Bow, Stampendous Stickers, Paper Pouncers, Glue, Brads, Glue Dots

3 comments:

  1. Absolutely lovely card. The wreath and flowers really stand out from the embossed background.

    Thanks for entering a piece of homework to the Snippets Playground. See you up in the treehouse for a cup of coffee later.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww, Bonnie, hope you get some relief soon. I've been having headaches but they're from my spine. Enough to drive me nuts, my pain meds don't help. Your wreath is so delicate and lovely, great job on it. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, a stunning card Bonnie! Elegant as well as dramatic - great work! I used to suffer from terrible migraines so you have all my sympathy - AND a soft cuddle from Dudley! He say he sells any more than one at $5 a time - cheeky little monkey!

    Hugs
    Di xx

    ReplyDelete