Tuesday, February 27, 2024

Painful Musings

 
Hello and welcome.  This post will be short.  I had a bad fall one week ago trying to kill a mosquito.  I remember reaching up over my head to smash it between my hands, then the next thing I knew I was in free fall until the back of my head connected with the floor.  I apparently fell head first into the fireplace hearth where the front of my head connected with the fireplace, then backwards until I landed on the floor.  My husband says he thinks I also hit the TV table with the back of my head before landing on the floor where my hip connected with the bottom corner of the hearth.  Let's just say....I hurt...STILL!  I'm still really bruised/sore on the front of my head and my right hip.  The rest of the update is below:

 
I will be hit and miss with posting, as well as creating cards/projects until the exacerbated migraine, and concussion issues, get better.

2 comments:

  1. Holy crap, Bonnie! I can certainly relate to reaching out, up, or under to try to slap a skeeter between my hands. It rarely works, but we still keep trying, don't we, anything to avoid a bite! But this post should be a public service announcement about how dangerous and more painful a fall can be, compared to a bite! I'm so sorry that you found out you were made of rubber and when you fall, you bounce all around, damaging as much of yourself as possible. Concussions are no joke, so please do rest, no matter how boring it is!! I'm glad you are getting detailed images to make sure there is no brain bleed. Huge hugs and🙏, Dr. Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh, Bonnie! I so hope you get all the diagnostics you need, brain injuries are no joke. Hope you can get some good rest and those bruises aren't too bad for long. Prayers and hugs, xoxo

    ReplyDelete