Saturday, February 17, 2024

Red And The Wolf

 
Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a goth style card made for the Gecko Galz Monthly Goth challenge using the provided image.  I call it Red and the Wolf and the fact it's pre-colored is a bonus.  Now, normally, Goth is NOT my type of challenge but I decided to get out of my comfort zone and give it a try.  

I started out by printing the image on Neenah white card stock before cutting down, edging the side with a basic grey marker, then layering and adding some tiny red brads before setting the layered image aside.  I then took a basic grey card, dry embossed it using a Cuttlebug spiderweb embossing folder and my big shot before lightly stippling basic grey ink over the embossed web.  Once I added my layered image panel using glue dots, some grey/red fibers  along with clay flowers with ice stickle centers finished my card off.

Challenges entered:
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Gecko Galz
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Ink: Stampin Up Basic Grey
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Fibers, Clay Flowers, Ice Stickles, Brads, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Stipple Brush, Spiderweb Embossing Folder

3 comments:

  1. GG have some great images for their challenges and Carole Jones always makes sure we enjoy them too .. This is awesome and although I am not into Goth I do love the way the cards are made xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done for a theme out of your comfort zone! And I did not know BG ever made markers, that's a new one! lol We got another big pile of mail and I received your cute ATC card. Thanks for thinking of me! Hoping I can get some time to create beyond my DT and birthday/Christmas deadlines but right now I don't see how :-( XOX

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow...a fantastic goth take on our challenge!! Way to go shopping your stash!! So glad you joined the fun and played along with our "Put Your Best Face Forward" challenge over at Shopping Our Stash. Little Red with her hooded face is perfect!! Deb Horst, DT #SOS515

    ReplyDelete