Saturday, September 29, 2018

Ebony And Ivory


Hello everyone and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made as Guest Designer for the Outlawz Sunday Songs and Rhymes challenge.  This week the challenge theme is the song Ebony and Ivory.

Song:  Ebony and Ivory
Ebony and ivory live together in perfect harmony 

Side by side on my piano keyboard, oh Lord, why don't we?

For my card, I wanted to create something that showed how we, as a society, treat each other (stealing, bullying, etc) and decided to go with an old Western theme.  I pulled out two retired sets from The Cats Pajamas (Happy Trails, Howdy) along with the Cloud Border CutUps die.  After stamping my scene in memento black onto some ivory card stock and scraps, I colored everything using both prismacolor and copic markers.  I then cut out everything I wanted to pop up before stippling some Tim Holtz brushed corduroy, tumbled glass and Adirondack caramel inks onto the card and image panel before layering onto black and ivory card stock.  I then die cut my cloud border twice, cut apart, then stippled the same inks onto each one before popping them up as well.  The only embellishments I added were vintage brads and some hand drawn "birds" in the background.  Here's the completed card:



Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.  I do hope you'll join us for this week's challenge over at the Outlawz.

Stamps: TCP Howdy (retired), Happy Trails (retired)
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Brushed Corduroy, Tumbled Glass, Adirondack Caramel
Card Stock: Stampin Up!
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Stipple Brushes, Glue Dots, Pop Dots, Brads, SU Basic Grey Marker

No comments:

Post a Comment