Monday, October 7, 2013

Works of Art and Wise Men


Hello and welcome.  Today I am sharing two cards I've made for today's Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company's sneak peeks for this week's new release blog hop.

My first card will be one of my Christmas cards for this year and was made using the new Wise Men mini stamp set.  After stamping my main image in memento black and then stippling various Tim Holtz distress inks to re-create the night Jesus was born.

My second card showcases the new set Works of Art combined with some Basic Grey Kioshi designer paper from my stash.  After stamping my cherry blossoms in memento tuxedo black and coloring with prismacolor markers, I lightly stippled Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink around the edges to help fill in the sky before adding brads and popping up over a border strip.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and don't forget to stop by the rest of this week for the new release blog hop.  You won't want to miss it!

Stamps: MFP Wise Men, Works Of Art
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Distress Inks
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up!, Basic Grey Kioshi Designer Paper, DCWV Christmas Designer Paper
Accessories: Stipple Brushes, Prismacolor Markers, Pop Dots, Brads

4 comments:

  1. These are so beautiful! Love the shading behind your wisemen.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie,
    Beautiful cards. The Wise Men BG is fabulous and your Works of Art card is lovely and elegant as well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are really pretty! I love how the blossoms frame the Art sentiment.

    ReplyDelete