Hello!! Today I am the Featured Designer over on Mark's Finest Papers blog as well as being the Stamp Artist of the Month for Oriental Stamp Art OSA. Today I am going to share with you the tutorial on how I make my vellum candles.
Stamps - Koi Fish, Dragonflies by Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company
Memento Tuxedo Black Ink
Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass Distress Ink
Vellum Card Stock
Battery Operated Votive
Rose Art Colored Pencils
Drill Press (or other means to hollow out candle)
1. Using drill press, or other means, hollow out the center of the candle deep enough for a battery operated votive to be placed inside just below the rim.
2. Take vellum card stock and wrap it around the candle. Then place a tic with a pencil just below the top of the rim.
3. Next, cut the vellum card stock down to size length wise.
4. Stamp images in memento tuxedo black ink, allow to dry - overnight is best. You may speed up the drying time by using an embossing gun, just make sure not to burn the vellum.
5. Flip stamped vellum image over, and on backside color using varying shades of Rose Art colored pencils as desired.
6. Once coloring is finished, add in dragonfly flight lines using a black marker and allow to dry.
7. Stipple Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink for the "pond" and allow to dry.
8. Wrap around candle and attach using glue dots. Add googlie eyes to koi fish using micro glue dots then ice stickles to lotus flowers and lily pads - allowing to dry. Place battery operated votive inside.