Tuesday, May 31, 2011

My Friend Sunflower


Hello and Happy Tuesday!!  Today I'm posting a card I made for the Speedy The Cat Birthday Swap over on Mark's Finest Papers.  I really love the sets I used ( Blackberries, Sunflowers & Bees and Daffodil and Anise), one because of the daffodils, and two the sunflowers since both grow really well around the Central Valley.

I started out by stamping the sunflower and bees on MFP Corn Husk card stock in memento tuxedo black ink before coloring it with prismacolor markers.  Once the coloring was done, I lightly stippled Stampin Up! bashful blue ink around to help fill in the blank spots before layering. 

Once the layering was done, I repeatedly stamped the anise flower on the card in Stampin Up! garden green to create a background.  Once that was done, I tied some vanilla ribbon around the card and popped up the main image and saying.  For the final touch, a dimensional bee sticker was added to the bottom of the sunflower.  The Happy Birthday is stamped on the inside with another bee in the bottom left corner.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Blackberries, Sunflowers & Bees, Daffodil & Anise
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Garden Green, Bashful Blue
Card Stock: MFP Corn Husk, Stampin Up! Garden Green, Riding Hood Red, Summer Sun
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Brads, Ribbon, Pop Dots, Bee Sticker, Stipple Brush

1 comment:

  1. Very pretty, Bonnie, and thank you for stopping by my blog.

    ReplyDelete