Sunday, May 22, 2011

A Friendly Light

Hello again!!  This week's Stamp Something challenge is to use beachy colors with summer right around the corner.  Of course, last weekend, we were getting snow again in the mountains an hour east of me.  What's up with that??  So even though I have a major migraine going on again, I just had to participate in the challenge.

I pulled out a Stamps Happen D. Morgan lighthouse stamp that had not seen ink for a while.  Once I had my image stamped on white card stock in memento tuxedo black ink, I pulled out my prismacolor markers to color with.  Since we were to use beachy colors, I layered the image onto different shades of Stampin Up! blue, banana, sage, and caramel card stocks before stippling caramel ink around the edges of the main image.

Taking the scraps of the card stocks used above, I pulled out my MFT Catch A Wave die-namics and die cut several waves to use as a border, then stippled caramel ink over those as well.

Once I had my main image popped up over the wave border, the final touch was to pull out some silk Michael's seashell bridal confetti and adhere those to the card using pop up glue dots.  The card actually came together really well considering my migraine and the meds I was on at the time I assembled the card.  Of course, it's an 1/8 inch crooked, but that seems to be the running joke around the house between my husband and I.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great weekend.

Stamps: Stamps Happen, Stampin Up! Sandy Shells Wheel
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Sage Shadow, Barely Banana, Baja Breeze, Bashful Blue
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Bashful Blue
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Pop Dots, Pop Up Glue Dots, MFT Catch A Wave Die-Namic, Metal Clip, Making Memories Sand Dollar Brads, Stipple Brush, Michael's Sea Shell Bridal Confetti

No comments:

Post a Comment