Sunday, March 13, 2011

My First Love


First, and foremost, prayers going out to those affected by the earthquake & tsunami in Japan.  Please consider donating to the American Red Cross so they may help the victims of this disaster.

Now, I finally got a chance to participate in a VSN weekend over at Splitcoast a couple of weeks ago.  For one of the challenges, we were to stamp out our first love growing up or our kids first love.  Well, I chose my teddy bear as my first love.  Mr Bear is as old as I am and has seen me through some really tough times growing up - parent divorce, mom's bout with cancer and then losing her fight, among other things.

I stamped the bear from Taylored Expressions Beary Special set twice in memento tuxedo black ink and colored with prismacolor markers.  Once the coloring was done, I cut out one bear to pop up later on dimensionals.  Pulled out my MFT Jumbo Ric Rac Die-Namic and die cut some pink card stock then stippled it with Stampin Up! chocolate chip ink.  A large prima and glitter brad finish things off.

Thanks for stopping by today.


Stamps: Taylored Expressions Beary Special
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip
Card Stock: White, Designer Paper, Stampin Up! Chocolate Chip, Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, MFT Jumbo Ric Rac Die-Namic, Stipple Brush, Heart Stickers, Dimensionals, Prima, Glue Dots, Glitter Brad

No comments:

Post a Comment