Monday, February 21, 2011

Teapot Inspired Hat Stand - MMTPT134


Hello everyone!!  It's time for another Teapot Tuesday challenge.  This week our inspiration photo looked like a fancy schmancy hat slapped down on a teapot.  So, I pulled out a retired PSX image that I just love to use - a hat stand!

Once I had my image stamped twice on white card stock in memento tuxedo black ink, I pulled out my trusted prismacolor markers and got her colored up nice and bright.  I cut one colored image out to pop up later and then layered the other one keeping with the black & white theme.  Then I lightly stippled Stampin Up! barely banana dye ink around the sides of the image to help fill in all of the white space. 

Pulling out my Dots & Circles cuttlebug embossing folder, I dry embossed a black layer before taking a pallet white canvas ink pad and rubbing it across the embossed images.  For those that are not familiar with this technique, it's called direct to paper or DTP.  To finish everything off, I added some polka dotted primas with a black brad in the center and some organdy ribbons on the side.  The whole card took about 15 minutes to make.

Thanks for stopping by.  Have a great Tuesday!!


Stamps: PSX Hat Stand
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Black & Summer Sun
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Barely Banana, Pallet White Canvas
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, Primas, Glue Dots, Ribbon, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Making Memories Baby Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment