Thursday, February 17, 2011

Flowers Along The Wall - Musical Challenge 11



I'm finally getting a chance to post this card I made a couple of weeks ago for the Splitcoaststampers Weekly Musical Challenge.  The song that week was Butterfly Kisses by Tim McGraw.  I've had a couple of Taylored Expressions stamps sets for a while in my stash and this seemed like a great time to pull them out and get inky.

After finding some Provo Craft "wall" designer paper I've had for years and my Stampin Up! color wheel to match the "wall", I got to work.  After stamping the stems, flowers, and butterfly in various PTI inks, then lightly stippling Stampin Up! soft sky ink for the sky; I stamped some more flowers, butterfly, and mushrooms on white scratch paper to pop up later. 

After layering and assembling my card, I pulled out a sponge and sponged Stampin Up! more mustard around the card and lightly around the layers.  I then used a black marker to make some faux stitching lines around my images and layers.  Once that was done, I added the cut out pieces on pop dots, and some bling to finish things off.  Here's a close up of the details.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.


Stamps: Taylored Expressions Garden Party Blooms & Critters
Card Stock: White, Stampin Up! Summer Sun, More Mustard, Ruby Red, Kraft, Provo Craft Designer Paper
Ink: Stampin Up! More Mustard, Various Papertrey Inks
Accessories: Black Marker, Pop Dots, Bling, Spong, Brads

No comments:

Post a Comment