Sunday, November 21, 2010

Raindrops On Roses - Wednesday Stamp Club



First, and foremost, I hope this post makes sense.  I'm typing this while on migraine meds for another with some "blown" blood vessels in my left eye.  I can see pretty good, however, the eye hurts like the dickens.

For this week's MFT's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge at Splitcoaststampers.com we were to take the Sound Of Music song My Favorite Things and make a project from it.  You know just go with what inspires you and then tell what part of the song lyrics were the basis of the inspiration.  I could have just started with the title of the song since my favorite stamps are from My Favorite Things

So I started with typing out the first two lines of the lyrics and then pulling out my Spellbinders dies and MFT Die-namic dies.  I used the flower & leaf trios, jumbo scallop, and rolled flower (which appears to be out of stock at this time) Die-namics.  Since I've never used the rolled flower Die-namic before, I followed the video tutorial to make mine.  After dry embossing my main card, it was time to assemble everything.  Since I wanted matching "brads" and didn't have any, I just made my own using a hand held small hole punch then glued them on with a Martha Stewart glue pen. 

Here's a close up of the lyrics and one of the rolled flowers.

Thanks for stopping by today.


Stamps: none
Ink: Stampin Up! Rose Red
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Vanilla, Garden Green, Barely Banana, Rose Red
Accessories: MS Word Wendy Font, Die-namics, Spellbinders, Pop Up Glue Dots, Hand Held Circle Punch, Sponge, Ice Stickles, Martha Stewart Glue Pen, Cuttlebug Embossing Folder, Big Shot

1 comment:

  1. Hello! I love your stamp and would like to use the photo that you took of "My Favorite Things" in a blog post that I just wrote. May I use the photo and include a link to your blog? You can check out my site at www.acupofbliss.wordpress.com. One way or the other, thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete