Monday, April 5, 2010

Just Buzzin By


I pulled out some of my dusty Stampin Up! sets the other day and just played around with them. I ended up making this card for a secret sister and was pretty pleased with the way it came out.

After stamping the main background on the card using a retired chicken wire background to simulate the inside of a beehive, I stamped the "main" beehive, bees, and flowers were all stamped in memento ink twice and colored with prismacolor markers. Once the bees and hive were done being colored and cut out, I began popping them up on dimensionals and various size pop dots for different levels of dimension after stippling soft sky and celery inks for the background.

Once my card was assembled, all I had to add was just the saying and then send it off.

Sometimes going through the dusty shelves of a neglected stamp closet is a great thing.



Stamps: Stampin Up! Just Buzzin By
Ink: Stampin Up! Summer Sun, Certainly Celery, Bashful Blue, Memento Tuxedo Black
Cardstock: Summer Sun, White, Black
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Dimensionals, Pop Dots, Stipple Brushes

1 comment: