Sunday, April 18, 2010

April Showers Bring.......


.......May flowers. I so remember that saying from growing up and I try repeating it every time it has rained this month to remind myself of the beauty that is supposed to follow the headaches rain causes me.


This week's Wednesday Stamp Club challenge was to stamp something rainy, so I pulled out my Stephanie Fizer Rainy Day Friends set and got to work.


I started out by stamping my images in memento tuxedo black on MFT Perfect Panels twice and then colored with prismacolor markers, setting one set of images aside for cutting out later. While layering, I colored the edges of each layer with a Stampin Up! not quite navy marker to make sure the colors didn't blend in together too much and to match the punched border strip I found in my stash of punch scraps.


After adding some MFT baby braddies and dimensionals to the main panel over my punched strip, I got to work adding my cut out girl, frog, and umbrella using different sized dimensionals, pop dots and mini pop dots. Nursery rhyme and vintage colored prima flowers with MFT baby braddies in the center finish my card off.


Now doesn't she look cute?




Stamps: MFT Stephanie Fizer Rainy Day Friends

Cardstock: MFT Perfect Panels, Stampin Up! Sage Shadow, Bashful Blue, Baja Breeze, My Minds Eye Designer Paper, Punched Scrap Cardstock


Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Bashful Blue, Sage Shadow

Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Primas, Glue Dots, Stampin Up! Not Quite Navy Marker, Dimensionals, Pop Dots, Mini Pop Dots, MFT Baby Brads, Sponges

5 comments:

  1. Bonnie, this is completely adorable! Congratulations, your card is being featured today on the MFT Blog as part of Our Favorite Finds!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie, your card is just amazing! I love all the little details you added! The colors are just perfect and your flower embellishments are just right! The frog and the umbrella are too cute! Thanks for playing along with MFT's WSC every week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This little beauty is magnificent!!!! I love everything about this card! It SO deserves to be the MFT Favorite Finds! Whooo hooo! Congrats! Incredible job!!!!

    ReplyDelete