Monday, April 26, 2010

Heavy Metal Rock Band

Second Post. For my Wednesday Stamp Club post, please scroll down.

Hello again. I've been working on this project off and on for about two weeks. When I first started coloring the digital images, then cutting them out, the overall layout of the card just wouldn't come together the way I had it envisioned in my head and I just kept getting frustrated with it. Ever have that problem? So I would have to work on it a bit, then put everything aside, and work on it some more. Perhaps some of my problem is all of the stress going on at work with the hospital moving in a week to the brand new facility and having to a hospital while still treating patients is quite the chore.

Since I had decided my lead singer of the band would be the cute girlie robot, I colored her in pink and purple then put a mini microphone in her left hand. Now I created the left arm by printing off two of the robot couple and then just cut-n-paste the arms/hands together as needed (since I would need to do the same with another robot). Each of the remaining "guy" 'bots were colored slightly differently and then highlighted with a silver prismacolor marker.

I pulled out my Stephanie Fizer set The Poppies to create the musical instruments, stamped them in memento tuxedo black, colored with the prismacolor markers, cut out and then set aside. As I figured out which robot I wanted where, I began matching up instruments with the 'bots, popped up robots and drew in matching cords from the guitars to the amps as needed.

Since I had decided the name for my "rock band" would be Heavy Metal, I needed to have some sort of banner hanging above them for their concert. I dug through my stash and found some Making Memories silver brad alphabets and pulled out just the capital initials for the band. Since the base drum center needed to match, I also found some Making Memories eyelet alphabets in the stash and set that using my crop-a-dile after I dusted it off first. ;) There still seemed to be something missing, so I added two silver glittered primas with silver baby brad centers and that seemed to be the perfect embellishment and gave kind of a "disco" ball feeling to the corners of the card.

Overall I'm really happy with how it turned out considering how long it's taken me to put it together.

Stamps: Stephanie Fizer Digital Robots
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Ballet Blue, Going Grey scrap, White, Star Designer Paper
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Prismacolor Markers, Black Stampin Up! Marker, Primas, Glue Dots, Silver Brads, Dimensionals, Making Memories Alphabets, Crop-A-Dile


  1. Very cute idea...LOVE how it turned out too!

  2. Bonnie, this is outrageous!! Fabulous job of masking and dimension! Over the top, my friend!

  3. Shut Up!!! Bonnie this is absolutely jaw-dropping incredible! DARLING card.

  4. Way clever Bonnie! It's always frustrating when the paper doesn't look like it does in your head. Glad it finally all came together for you.

  5. Ohh this is FABULOUS Bonnie. Worth all the trouble for sure!!

  6. WOW!!! How creative is that! Incredible Bonnie!