Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Journals and Gift Cards


Happy Wednesday, the week is also almost over. Now I have a question for you. What do you give two nephews who are totally into technology and who's father is a computer programmer, and mother is a computer graphic artist? Good question. These are my nephews and this was my dilemma for Christmas this last year. Couldn't get them something techie since the probably would already have it, or know about it, or mastered it. So my hubby and I decided on some handmade journals and gift cards. We figured let the boys spend the money on themselves.

I started out by printing off two different My Favorite Things Digital Robot Stamps on white cardstock and then printing off the matching Stephanie Fizer robot digital gear papers in gray and adjusting the colors to 1/2 of their normal color. Once the printer ink was dry, I colored the robots with Prismacolor markers in varying shades of gray before sponging Stampin Up! basic gray and going gray around the edges of the images before adding vintage MFT baby braddies.

Once I added the digital paper to the composition journals and trimmed the excess off, I added a small strip of Stampin Up! basic gray cardstock along the left side before punching a hole with my crop-a-dile and adding brads that looked like "screws" that would require using a Phillips screwdriver.

Once the second brads were added, I then sponged Stampin Up! basic gray ink around the sides to add some additional shadows to the journals. Here's a close-up of the second journal.

For the gift card holder, I downloaded and printed off Papertrey Ink's Cash or Charge Collection My Timeless Templates and after cutting out my template, I stamped Stampin Up's Just Jeans background over it. Once my template was assembled, and the gift card added, I just place the gift with the journal into a gift bag for each of my nephews.

Simple and so boyish.
Stamps: MFT Digital Robot Stamps, Stampin Up! Just Jeans
Ink: Stampin Up! Basic Gray, Going Gray, Not Quite Navy
Cardstock: White, MFT Stephanie Fizer Digital Robot DP, Stampin Up! Going Grey, Basic Gray,
Accessories: Sponge, Brads, Prismacolor Markers, PTI My Timeless Template, Composition Notebooks, Gift cards, MFT Baby Braddies

No comments:

Post a Comment