Sunday, January 10, 2010

Get Well Lily


Second post today.

I made this card for a friend that had a heart attack a few days ago and thought this image would cheer her up.

I downloaded the sick Lily image from Pink Cat Studio and re-sized it for an A2 card. Since Lily has a checkered blanket over her legs, I thought having an argyle cuttlebugged background would match perfectly. After I done with the dry embossing, I lightly stippled Stampin Up! almost amethyst dye ink over the top to highlight embossed argyle pattern. Then I also stippled the same ink around the image that was colored with prismacolor markers.

After adding some brads, primas with gem centers, the card was done. It took a total of about 15-20min max to make a fairly clean and simple card.


Stamps: Pink Cat Studio Sick Lily Digital Stamp
Ink: Stampin Up! Almost Amethyst
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Almost Amethyst, White, Pretty In Pink
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Brads, Argyle Cuttlebug Dry Embossing Folder, Big Shot, Primas, Gem Stickers, Glue Dots

2 comments:

  1. Bonnie, this is just beautifully colored. The person that gets this will have to smile and feel better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You were right!!! This card brought a HUGE smile to my face and cheered me up!!!

    Such a beautiful card and the coloring is great!!! All my favorite colors!! It is even prettier IRL!!!

    Thank you soooo much for thinking of me and making my day brighter!!!

    ReplyDelete