Sunday, August 2, 2009

Christmas In July Again, Um August I Mean.


Merry Christmas again! This is my last batch of catch up cards for the Christmas Card Challenge over on Splitcoast.

I had received this image in an image swap a couple of years ago and I finally got around to coloring in back in May when my husband was in the hospital recovering from ankle fracture surgery. The images were stamped in black in on white cardstock, then colored with Stampin Up! and Close To My Heart markers. I then sponged Stampin Up! garden green ink around the edges before layering with a couple of retired Stampin Up! colors. The background designer paper is a Karen Foster paper I had found in the Michael's $1 bins. This fall/holiday paper pack is so cool, I cannot believe it's in the $1 bins.

Once all of my layering was done, I added some gold brads from Making Memories before punching fir branches from Stampin Up! garden green cardstock & sponging garden green dye ink to give the branches some texture. I added some ribbon & gem stickers to finish off my "bouquet".

Simple and cute.

Stamps: Stampin Up!
Cardstock: Stampin Up! Garden Green, Elegant Eggplant, Marigold Morning, Purely Pomigranete, White, Karen Foster Designer Paper
Ink: Black, Garden Green
Accessories: Martha Stewart Fir Branch Punch, Gem Stickers, Sponge, Markers, Glue Dots, Ribbon

1 comment: