Thursday, August 20, 2009

Celebrate MFT August 09!


Well hello everyone! Thought I dropped off the face of the earth did ya? Nope. I went back to work after taking family leave for three months to take care of my husband after he broke his left ankle in three places. Nasty, really nasty if you ask me, and I work in a hospital too.

Ok, the 20th of every month is Celebrate MFT day. Last month, I was honored to be asked to participate in the first customer blog hop. This month, the group of MFT Junkies that were the "hoppers" did an awesome job with their projects and I totally applaud them.

For my project, I chose a set that needed some love, Owls For All Seasons. These little owls are so cute. I stamped them in memento black and then colored them with prismacolor markers. Now for the leaves, I used three different colors of memento ink (new sprout, bamboo leaves, pear tart) before cutting out the branch part of the way so it would hang over my ribbon a bit. I also wanted it to match a prior sketch challenge MFTSC94 that I needed to catch up on as well. Once my coloring was done, and my background stamping was done, I popped up the owls on All Night Media pop dots and added some primas and ribbon to finish everything off.

Easy peasy!

No comments:

Post a Comment