Sunday, August 16, 2009

Better Late Than Never


Hi all. I'm running a wee bit behind with the MFT sketch challenges. Made this card last week, but with a recent death in the family I was unable to post it until now.

Now how about that bookworm? Isn't he sooooo cute? He's part of MFT's August release from Stephanie Fizer called I Heart Books. Now I had thought he would be darling sitting under a tree reading his favorite book. The tree is also from MFT's August release and Stephanie Fizer Grow Love Plant A Tree.

After stamping my bookworm on MFT Perfect Panels, I masked him and stamped the tree behind, then the leaves and colored everything with Prismacolor markers. Once that was done, I then sponged Stampin Up! green galore dye ink inside the leaves to fill in any white spaces that were left over before layering. The sun was stamped, colored then cut out before adding to the center of a prima daisy in the upper right hand corner to "mimic" the location of the sun in the late afternoon.

I then added some ribbon I had gotten from Jody, brads, and then the felt butterfly which is part of a Michael's $1 bin felt ribbon roll.

A real simple and cute card that didn't take hardly any time at all to make.

Stamps: MFT Grow Love Plant A Tree, I Heart Books
Cardstock: Brilliant Blue, White, Summer Sun, Riding Hood Red
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up Bashful Blue, Green Galore
Accessories: Sponge, Stipple Brushes, Prismacolor Markers, Prima, Dimensional, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, Ribbon, Felt Ribbon

No comments:

Post a Comment