Friday, March 22, 2019

Up The Friend-Ship River



Hello and welcome.  The calendar says it's spring but so far the weather isn't cooperating to much here.  We have another cold "winter" storm coming in tonight again my migraines are not happy.  I originally started this card for another challenge 3 weeks ago, but with all of the frequent storms and temperature changes it's taken me until now to color and actually finish it; let alone blog it. 

I started off by stamping the tug boat, trees and clouds using Stampin Up's Loads of Love and Boatloads of Love (both retired) in memento black ink before stamping the smaller boat with heart onto white scratch paper then colored everything. Once the coloring was finished, I stamped the grass in 3 different inks using fern stamp from Stampin Up's retired set Watercolor Minis before doing the same for my riverbank. I then created the river using 3 different copic markers before stippling 3 different inks around the edge of my image panel.  I then cut out the smaller boat and heart and added them to my river scene.  The card is stamped using the same tree and some more hearts in hunter ink.  I then stamped the saying before highlighting portions of the boat and "birds" using Sakura glaze pens.  As an afterthought, I stamped 3 more clouds onto white scrap paper, colored using a Recollections white marker and cut out to pop up for some added dimension.  My final touches were brads and waterfall ice stickles. 

Challenges entered:

Shopping Our Stash #391 - Friendship
Splitcoaststampers - USEIT2019
Splitcoaststampers MMTPT554 - Make A Scene
Pammies Inky Pinkies #1911 - Anything Goes

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up Loads Of Love, Boatloads Of Love, Watercolor Minis
Ink: Memento Black; SU Certainly Celery, Garden Green, Old Olive, Soft Suede, Close To Cocoa, Chocolate Chip; Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Broken China
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Stipple Brushes, Brads, Sakura Glaze Pens, Ice Stickles, Glue Dots, Recollections White Marker

1 comment:

  1. You did a fabulous job creating this scene! Love everything about your design. Thanks for accepting our challenge at Shopping Our Stash!
    Hugz,
    Chana, DT

    ReplyDelete