Friday, March 22, 2019

All Is Calm Winter Scene


Hello and welcome.  If you're looking for my Friend-ship post, please scroll down one. 

So far I'm still doing good on getting at least one Christmas card done per month, sometimes two.  For this card, I stamped the image from my never before used (NBUS) Cardinals In Winter set from Mark's Finest Papers which is unfortunately now closed.  Once I stamped the image in memento black and colored using copic markers before stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass ink around the edges of the panel and layering.  Once that was done, I made my own brads by punching a snippet of scrap black card stock and adding using a Martha Stewart glue pen.  I then stamped the saying on a snippet of white card stock before punching using my Stampin Up oval punch and lining with memento black ink.  After assembling my card, using Martha Stewart punches, I made my floral spray and cardinal from snippets of green and red card stock; adhering them with glue dots.  I then added the cardinal's eyes/beak using a Sakura black glaze pen.  My final touch was highlighting the snowbanks, frozen creek and "falling snow" using diamond ice stickles.

Challenges entered:

Jingle Belles Rock - Rockin Robin
Pammies Inky Pinkies #1911 - Anything Goes
Colour Crazy Craft #11 - Anything Goes
Pixie's Crafty Workshop #348 - Anything Goes Use Snippits
Outlawz Festive Friday March 22 to April 4 - Christmas
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2019 - Anything Goes Use Your Unloved Stash

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!!

Stamps: MFP
Ink: Memento Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: Copic Markers, Recollections White Marker, SU Oval Punch, MS Pine Branch Punch, MS Cardinal Punch, MS Fern Punch, Small Hole Punch, Ice Stickles, MS Glue Pen, Glue Dots, Stipple Brush

9 comments:

  1. What a lovely little scene ... the red cardinals just pop in that snowy landscape ... so glad you #putabirdonit with us at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just gorgeous. Love the red! It really makes the card stand out. The image is so beautifully colored. I am now a follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is such a pretty card and beautifully created! Very nice image. I admire your motivation and dedication to making at least one Christmas card per month. I should take inspiration from you and do the same! Thank you for joining our challenge this week at PIP Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card. Lovely colouring. Thanks for sharing your fabulous creation with us at the Colour Crazy Challenge this time.
    hugs
    Dawn GDT x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card and image. Emma

    ReplyDelete
  6. what an amazingly lovely, beautifully made card. every detail adds so perfectly to the whole design, but that gorgeous winter scene (w/sweet birds) is for sure the star of the show! thanks for celebrating season's tweetings with us at JINGLE BELLES! ♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this Bonnie Lynn - and you used so many snippets as well! A lovely scene, we don't have cardinals in the UK and they're such a bright and happy bird too!

    Hugs

    Di xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wonderful winter scene. Love this image and you coloring. Thanks for playing along with us this past fortnight at Colour Crazy Challenge. AJ DT CCC

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love your classic Christmas card, Bonnie Lynn! That's a great woodland scene, beautifully colored, and your cardinal bling is fabulous! Well done using your NBUS!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete