Wednesday, December 19, 2018

Bearing Gifts 2018 and Some More Never Before/Rarely Used Stuff (NBUS/RBUS)



Hello and welcome!!!  As we finish the final countdown until Christmas, I'm rushing to finish Christmas cards I'm sending out.  (Note to self: start making them in January - again.  **sigh**)

Today I'd like to share a card made using one of my all time favorite stamps period.  It's an old retired one from Stampendous (2004) called Wise Siamese.  After stamping the image in memento black ink then coloring with copic markers, I sponged some Tim Holtz faded jeans distress ink and Stampin Up sahara sand around the edges before layering.  I then took a scrap of Stampin Up not quite navy card stock to use as a border and embossed it using my big shot and a cuttlebug snowflake embossing folder before sponging navy ink over the embossing to help highlight the border.  I then popped up the layered panel over my embossed border on a card made using some rarely used (RBUS) Stampin Up sahara sand and some new (NBUS) Recollections designer paper my daughter bought me.  The only embellishments I used were some rarely used (RBUS) Stampin Up not quite navy brads, ice stickles  Wise Siamese crowns/collars, and a small navy bow sticker.

I'd like to enter this card into the following challenges:

Pammies Inky Pinkies 1850 - Anything Goes
Show Us Your Pussycats 37 - Anything Goes
Outlawz Monday Greetings GCC121718 - Merry Christmas
Outlawz Festive Friday 121418 - Christmas
Not Just Cards - December
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day and a fabulous Christmas.


Stamps: Stampendous Wise Siamese 
Ink: Tim Holtz Faded Jeans, Stampin Up Night Of Navy, Sahara Sand, Not Quite Navy
Card Stock: Stampin Up, Recollections Designer Paper
Accessories: Copic Markers, Brads, Glue Dots, Big Shot, Sponges, Bow Sticker, Cuttlebug Snowflake Embossing Folder, Diamond Ice Stickles


5 comments:

  1. Hi Bonnie! This is an adorable card! I love cats and cats as kings, oh yes!! If you haven't done so yet check out my blog post for Dec. 17 or the Impression Obsession blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Angela! I sent another post on your blog tonight. I hope it goes thru.

      Delete
  2. Thank you for joining the Monday Greetings Challenge this week with this lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know what you mean!! I have 20+ year old stamps that are still my favs too!!! So fun to see this one and the fun way you've used it :D Merry Christmas and thanks for sharing in the fun at the PIP Challenge Blog!!!
    Wendy PIP DT
    https://Hi-Regards.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such great kitty stamps - a fun card :-)
    I was at least a bit more organised this year with my cards - I got all the family ones out on time LoL
    Thank you for purring along to play at SUYP Cats Challenges.
    Hugz
    IKE x

    My Challenge Blog
    My Shop
    My Blog
    FB Fan Page
    Cat Lovers Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete