Thursday, August 16, 2018

Do The Mash!!


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card I made for the Impression Obsession It's A Guy Thing challenge.  For my take on the challenge, I went with something for all the "little guys" in our lives.  The whole time I was making this card, I kept having the lyrics from Bobby Pickett's song Monster Mash going thru my head.


I was working in the lab late one night
When my eyes beheld an eerie sight
For my monster from his slab began to rise
And suddenly to my surprise

He did the mash
He did the monster mash


I started out by pulling some Halloween designer paper scraps to help dictate the colors I would use before stamping the monsters from the Monster Mash #CL886 set and the separate Monster Mash #C14744 saying in memento tuxedo black ink.  Once that was done, I colored the images using both copic and prismacolor markers then stippled some grey dye ink over and around the image panels to "age" them a bit and then layered the panels.  After assembling my card, I used some bat brads from my stash and added some googlie eyes to all of the monsters.  As an after thought, I pulled out a black copic spica and white gel pen to highlight the spider webs before adding one more googlie eye to the letter "O" in the saying.  I'm very happy with how the card turned out.  



You can join in the challlenge as well here until August 21st at 7:00 pm CST.  Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.  I now leave you with the Monster Mash music so you too may sing along too.




Stamps: Impression Obsession Monster Mash, Monster Mash Saying
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, SU Basic Grey
Card Stock: SU, Halloween Designer Paper Scraps
Accessories: Copic and Prismacolor Markers, Stipple Brush, Googlie Eyes, Bat Brads, Glue Dots, Pop Dots, White Gel Pen, Black Copic Spica Pen





No comments:

Post a Comment