Sunday, November 5, 2023

The Most Important Meal Of The Day


 
 
Hello and welcome.  Today I have a card to share I made for the Coffee Loving Card Makers blog hop.  I'm a little late to the party thanks to another migraine (Mother Nature make up your mind what season we're in) and being just plain sick for the last couple weeks.  I decided to use some stamps I had received from a friend recently.

I started out by stamping my Cathy image, and saying (retired), from Art Impressions in memento tuxedo black ink on vanilla scrap card stock before coloring using Castle Arts watercolor pencils and a blending marker.  Once the coloring was finished, I layered it and added brads.  Setting my layered image aside, I took my Down To The Last Cup background from Picket Fence Studios and stamped it repeatedly in Adirondack espresso ink using a MISTI before stippling more espresso ink using my paper pouncers before adhering it to an espresso card base.  After adding my layered image, I pulled out my Sakura 3D glaze pens and highlighted parts of the image before adding coffee beans sequins.  I'm really happy with how it turned out since I made it while dealing with this migraine.  I needed to try focusing on something besides the pain and this card was fairly easy for me to make.

Challenges entered:
 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Art Impressions; Picket Fence Studios
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black; Adirondack Espresso
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: MISTI, Castle Arts Watercolor Pencils, Blender Marker, Glue, Sequins, Brads, Glue Dots, Paper Pouncers, Sakura 3D Glaze Pens
 

10 comments:

  1. I'm glad it was easy to make, Bonnie, and it's really a fun card, but I can't imagine making it with a migraine on board. You are a strong woman! And I totally love that sediment!! Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great background and pun sentiments for your fun image... excellent coloring with your water color pencils and the pop of red is perfect for your coffee theme background. Thanks for sharing with us at Double Trouble "DeJa-Brew".

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bonnie, caffeine first thing in the morning IS the most important part of the day! You did a great job coloring, and your coffee cup jumble pattern paper as the background is perfect! Thank you for sharing your card and creativity with us at Double Trouble for our "Da-Ja-BREW" challenge!!! -Donna

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Bonnie Lynn, I hate reading that you're dealing with migraines still. I love your project, do take care of yourself.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have to have one of these stamps, kudos on coloring, take care of your head girl!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sorry to hear you've been ailing more than usual. Hope your weather listens to you! Your cute card made me chuckle, I so wish I could still drink coffee like that instead one measly little cup. XOX

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fabulous card! I hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a fun card and the sentiment is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Bonnie! Thank you for playing along with us at Double Trouble Challenge #152 in conjunction with the Coffee Lovers Blog Hop. == Melanie R.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a fun image and fab card! Many thanks for joining in with us this month at Crafty Calendar Challenge - Sarah, DT.

    ReplyDelete