Friday, May 6, 2022

Cats, Birds, Gnomes and Paperwork

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a couple of cute, funny cards because with everything going on in the world, there's someone that could use a good chuckle.  Lately, I'm getting pretty good at coloring while my husband's watching the news every night.  That way, I'm in the same room with him for a while and if there's something I really have to pay attention to, with his memory issues, he can wind it back and replay it for me.  Besides, between long haul COVID and chronic migraines, what else can I do?

First up is another card using a retired Gary Robertson digital image from Impression Obsession.  This one is called Trick or Treat Birdhouse.  I just love this little mischievous kitty hiding in the birdhouse while the bird's "taking care of business".  LOL  After printing it out onto Hammermill white card stock, I colored it using Castle Arts pencils and some Lyra flesh tone pencils before stippling some Tim Holtz stormy sky distress ink using my Picket Fence Studios Life Changing Blender Brushes before layering and adding brads.  Before adhering the layered image panel to my card, I pulled out my Tim Holtz paper distresser tool and distressed the chocolate edges before popping the panel up on my card using dimensionals.  I then too some recycled/scrap pumpkin orange bakers twine that was tying up a prize package and added that to the card.  Taking some scrap card stock, and using a Marvy oak leaf punch, I punched my leaves out before stippling matching ink over them before distressing them using a stylus and mouse pad before adhering using glue dots.  The final touch was highlighting the cat/bird eyes using a clear Sakura 3D glaze pen.

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers IC856 - 4Season Home (inspired by Halloween sample pic) 
 
 

Splitcoaststampers IC856 sample pic
 
 

Double D Challenges: Birds, Bird nests, Birdcages, Birdhouses 


Two Old Bats Halloween May Challenge
 
 
 
Up next is a cute little gnome digital image from Whimsy Stamps called  Gnome Outhouse I recently acquired and hadn't used yet (NBUS).  After combining the image/saying in a watermark program, I printed it out onto Neenah white card stock before coloring using Castle Arts pencils.  I then stippled some Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink, and SU garden green ink, using my Picket Fence Studio blending brushes before layering on scrap card stock and adding some brads.  Once I added the layered image to my card, I added some red flowers punched from scrap card stock using a MS hydrangea punch, Ranger glossy accents, with gunmetal ice stickle centers.  The final touch was adding some small googlie eyes to the gnome to give him some "more life".

Challenges entered:
 
Splitcoaststampers IC856 - 4Season Home (inspired by sample gnome camp)
 

Splitcoaststampers IC856 4Season Home Inspiration Pic 
 
 Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Halloween Birdhouse/Outhouse
Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Tim Holtz Stormy Sky; Stampin Up Really Rust, Summer Sun, Garden Green
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Arts Pencils, Lyra Fleshtone Pencils, Brads, Glue Dots, Marvy Oak Leaf Punch, Dimensionals, Twine, Distresser Tool, PFS Blending Brushes, Sakura 3D Glaze Pen

Gnome Outhouse
Stamps: Whimsy
Ink: Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass; Stampin Up Garden Green
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up; Scraps
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Arts Pencils, MS Hydrangea Punch, Ranger Glossy Accents, Gunmetal Ice Stickles, Googlie Eyes, Brads, Glue Dots, PFS Blending Brushes

14 comments:

  1. Loving your spooky treehouse!
    Thank you for joining us at Polkadoodles Gem of a Challenge! Jane S (DT) Paper, Pencils & Pretty Things! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both are fabulously FUN! I think your first card would fit our challenge at Two Old Bats too! Thank you for joining our challenge at Double D!
    Diane DD DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Double D}
    Don't forget we have a year round Halloween challenge at Two Old Bats Halloween, giving you a chance to make Halloween cards year round, and with 50 or more players we have a prize to give away!
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are wonderful, the Gnome in the Outhouse is a Hoot! Thanks so much for playing along in The Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge!
    Donna
    Admin for Jan's Digi Stamps Challenges

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for coming to play in the Snippets Playground and submitting this cute piece of gnomework! Hope you grabbed a flower garland for your hair, as well as a Maypole ribbon, and had a dance around the Maypole! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome card, Bonnie Lynn, you combined two of my favorite things, Halloween and a Bird House, I love, love this image, looks like the birds went all out to decorate their little house for the Trick or Treaters.
    Thank you for sharing with us at 2 OLD BATS HALLOWEEN CHALLENGE.
    Stay healthy and safe.
    XO
    Maria/DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a fun digi, Bonnie, and you've colored it beautifully! Thanks for sharing again at NBUS!! Linda W. May Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  7. You made me chuckle Bonnie! ;-) Thank you for sharing your humorous creations with us at Jan's Digi Blog Challenge. They are Fun Card anyone would enjoy. Good Luck and Happy Crafting!
    Hugs,
    Jan
    (Owner & Illustrator of Jan's Digi Stamp Shop)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Whoa, what a birdhouse, I would love this in my garden! Beware of cat, too funny! Thanks for playing along with us at The Double D, All Things Birds. Donna, DT Member.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I am thrilled you entered your wonderfully cute card at Two Old Bats, the pumpkin cat is so cute, brings a smile to my face every time I look at it! Thank you for joining us at Two Old Bats!
    Diane TOB DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Two Old Bats}

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fun card! Thank you for sharing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card! Thank you for joining with us at Digi Choosday Crafting Challenge. Good luck with your entry
    Maritza DT

    ReplyDelete
  12. Great gnome card - fabulous scene.

    Love it Lisa - you've created a great scene.

    Thanks for joining us at Jan's Digi Stamps Challenge.

    Helen x

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG... too funny... I just noticed the cat inside the bird house! LOL!!!!!!

    Thanks so much for playing with us at Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!

    -- Dalis
    HTTP://stamprgrl.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. LOL, love the bird house card. I have that stamp and love it. Thanks for submitting it to May's Two Old Bats Halloween Challenge!

    ReplyDelete