Sunday, May 8, 2022

A Mother's Hand

Hello and welcome.  Happy Mother's Day to all the moms out there whether their children have 2-legs or 4.  Today I'd like to share a card I made for my mom this year.  It uses a LONG retired Stampin Up set called A Mother's Hand.  

I started out by stamping everything in Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany distress ink before stamping the glove/heart again onto scrap paper to color later.  Once I had the parts of my image colored using Castle Arts pencils, I cut them out and popped up using dimensionals. I then layered my images, added silver/pearl heart brads and popped the panel up over my stamped border at an angle.  The final touch was some scrap lace ribbon with aged mahogany stippled over it.  As an afterthought, I stippled some Tim Holtz Tattered Rose distress ink over the image panel to help "soften" it a bit.  The saying reads: "A mother holds her children's hands for but a moment, their hearts forever."

Challenges entered:
 
Inspiration Station #29 - Mother and Child  (inspired by mom/child image)
If You Give A Crafter A Cookie #168 - May (inspired by mom/child images) 
Crafty Calendar May - Anything Goes (inspired by Mother's Day) 
 
 
Inspiration Station
 
  If You Give A Crafter A Cookie


Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Stampin Up
Ink: Tim Holtz Aged Mahogany, Tattered Rose
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: PFS Blending Brushes, Lace, Dimensionals, Castle Arts Pencils, Brads

8 comments:

  1. Such a lovely card and sentiment. Thanks for sharing with us at The Inspiration Station Challenge.
    Donna
    The Inspiration Station Challenge
    The Paper Funday Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm back wearing a different DT Hat to say Thanks for sharing with us at The Paper Funday Challenge.
    Donna
    The Paper Funday Challenge
    The Inspiration Station Challenge

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy M Day! Very nice vintage-style card, love the glove "netting" and the lace ribbon, xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. Classy!! Way to go shopping your stash…a beautiful card for that special lady in your life!! Thanks for playing along with our “What a difference you made” challenge over at SOS!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh this is such a lovely card for your mom. Love the sentiment.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely card and thought for Mother's Day. Thanks so much for sharing with us at the Paper Funday Challenges!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful card. Thank you for joining in the Crafty Calendar Challenge this month. Good luck!
    Liz xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Pretty!!! Thanks so much for participating in my IF YOU GIVE A CRAFTER A COOKIE... challenge!!! I appreciate that you play along and I enjoy visiting your blog!! Have a happy crafty day!!
    Deanne at A Little Bit O’ Paper

    ReplyDelete