Saturday, May 10, 2014

Faux Sewing - Virginia's View Challenge #3



I've finally decided to try my hand at one of the monthly Virginia's View Challenges. This month's challenge is stitching, or in other words sewing, which I do not like at all.  Fortunately for me, one of the options of the challenge is faux sewing or stitching, so that's what I'm going to embellish with.

I pulled out one of my favorite Inkadinkadoo images and stamped it in memento black on white card stock before coloring with prismacolor pencils then stippling Tim Holtz tumbled glass distress ink for the sky around the top half of the image.  For the bottom half, I stippled some Stampin Up! garden green ink to help blend in the grassy area.  After piercing my layered image, I then "sewed" along the pierced dots using a black marker before adding to an embossed blue/white card with a stamped saying.

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Inkadinkadoo, Stampin Up!
Card Stock: Stampin Up!
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Tumbled Glass, Stampin Up! Garden Green
Accessories: Prismacolor Pencils, Paper Piercing Tool and Guide, Stipple Brushes, Big Shot, Embossing Folder

4 comments:

  1. I am so glad that you jump in and play the stitching challenge! The faux stitching really is awesome with your coloring and dry embossed background! It's the perfect fine detail that makes the design shine, right? Thanks so much for playing Virgina's View Challenge! Way to rock this challenge, Bonnie!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bonnie this is really pretty love the way you did this and the stamp is great.
    Linda K.
    www.ladybugstampers.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your coloring on this image is beautifully done!! Wonderful card!

    ReplyDelete