Saturday, January 26, 2013

Thinking of You Ivy


Hello and welcome.  I hope you are having a great weekend thus far.  Today I am sharing a card I made for this week's Play Date Cafe Color Splash challenge.  After seeing the colors, I knew immediately the set I wanted to use, so I pulled out my Mark's Finest Papers, a Heinrich Company set Ivy and Blossoms and got to work.

After stamping my main image in memento cottage ivy ink onto MFP white card stock then layering onto black linen card stock (my favorite BTW), I added my saying in memento black just below the ivy before adding the layered image to the card itself.  Since there was some additional white space, I also added a friendship saying from the same Ivy and Blossoms stamp set with no embellishments.  A nice clean and simple card that says a lot and took only 10 minutes to make.
 
Challenges entered:

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: MFP Ivy and Blossoms
Ink: Memento Cottage Ivy, Tuxedo Black
Card Stock: All MFP
Accessories: None

3 comments:

  1. What a fantastic CAS card. Love it. Thanks for joining us at The Play Date Cafe this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, what a lovely image. A great splash of green! So glad you could join us for this week's Play Date Cafe challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I love your card and I can't believe it only took 10 minutes!

    Thanks for sharing with us at Card Makin' Mamas hugs Susan x

    ReplyDelete