Monday, October 10, 2011

Wild Thing!! - Friends Of SpeedyTV Challenge #2

Welcome to Monday again!  This week's Friends of SpeedyTV challenge is to make an anniversary card.  I chose to be a little "wild" with my card for this week by pulling out Mark's Finest Papers stamp set called Big Cats. 

I started out by stamping the tiger from the set twice in memento tuxedo black ink onto Corn Husk card stock and coloring with prismacolor markers before cutting one of the images out for popping up later.  Once my coloring was done, I pulled out some retired basic gray designer paper, stippled some Stampin Up! tangerine tango ink around the edges of the card and paper before adding my layered tiger image.  Taking the "Wild Thing" sentiment from the set, I stamped that in memento tuxedo black also on Corn Husk scrap card stock, stippled tangerine tango around the saying before layering and adding some Making Memories baby brads to it.  Now, the rest of my sentiment I computer generated since it wasn't with the set, and after printing it off, also stippled, layered and added the baby brads to make sure it matched.

For the finishing touches, I added some layered silk flowers with a brad center and then popped up the second tiger image I had cut out earlier.

Thanks for stopping by today.  I hope to see you this week participating in the challenge.  Have a great day.


Stamps: MFP Big Cats
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Tangerine Tango
Card Stock: MFP Corn Husk, Stampin Up! Tangerine Tango, Black, Only Orange, Basic Gray Designer Paper
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Computer, Printer, Stipple Brush, Making Memories Black Baby Brads, Silk Flowers, Glue Dots, Pop Dots

1 comment: