Thursday, June 3, 2010
Cracked Country Rooster
Pulling out a retired Stampin Up! chicken wire background and using a color comb I'm not used to, I started out by stamping the background on so saffron cardstock then sponging the edges. After that, I stamped my images on vanilla cardstock with memento tuxedo black in and colored with prismacolor markers, blending as needed. Now this is where I messed up the rooster and almost threw the whole thing in the trash! However, I decided to continue working with it and I'm glad I did because it finally turned out. Once my main image was colored, and I was putting the background away, I just happened to stumble across another background from Rubber Stampede I had forgotten was in my stash - a cracked one. Pulling that one out, and inking it up with Stampin Up! creamy caramel ink, I stamped in off twice before over staming the rooster & chick. Perfect! They look like an old piece of art. So I decided to do the same thing to the bordering blue die cut strip. It also came out looking great.
The primas I was adding were a bit too bright for my liking so I sponged Stampin Up! old olive ink over them to darken them up a bit before adding them to the card for the finishing touch. Perfect! Clean and fairly simple.
Stamps: Stampin Up! Country Morning, Chicken Wire Background (retired), Rubber Stampede Cracked Background
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron
Cardstock: Vanilla, Stampin Up! So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Close To Cocoa, Old Olive
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Sponges, Brads, Dimentionals, Primas, Glue Dots, MFT Scalloped Die-Namic, Black Stampin Up! Marker