Thursday, June 3, 2010

Cracked Country Rooster




Happy Thursday everyone!!!! 

Today I have a country, yet vintage-y (yes I made that up) card for you.  I thought I would ink up a set that a friend of mine rak'd me and I had a blast with it. 

Pulling out a retired Stampin Up! chicken wire background and using a color comb I'm not used to, I started out by stamping the background on so saffron cardstock then sponging the edges.  After that, I stamped my images on vanilla cardstock with memento tuxedo black in and colored with prismacolor markers, blending as needed.  Now this is where I messed up the rooster and almost threw the whole thing in the trash!  However, I decided to continue working with it and I'm glad I did because it finally turned out.  Once my main image was colored, and I was putting the background away, I just happened to stumble across another background from Rubber Stampede I had forgotten was in my stash - a cracked one.  Pulling that one out, and inking it up with Stampin Up! creamy caramel ink, I stamped in off twice before over staming the rooster & chick.  Perfect!  They look like an old piece of art.  So I decided to do the same thing to the bordering blue die cut strip.  It also came out looking great. 

The primas I was adding were a bit too bright for my liking so I sponged Stampin Up! old olive ink over them to darken them up a bit before adding them to the card for the finishing touch.  Perfect!  Clean and fairly simple.


Stamps:  Stampin Up! Country Morning, Chicken Wire Background (retired), Rubber Stampede Cracked Background
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Creamy Caramel, Bordering Blue, Old Olive, So Saffron
Cardstock: Vanilla, Stampin Up! So Saffron, Bordering Blue, Close To Cocoa, Old Olive
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Sponges, Brads, Dimentionals, Primas, Glue Dots, MFT Scalloped Die-Namic, Black Stampin Up! Marker

2 comments:

  1. Oh I love this Bonnie. I miss that chicken wire background.. and the colors on your image are wonderful. A beautiful vintage-y card! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. the cracked stamp is great, a perfect touch for this card

    ReplyDelete