Sunday, February 21, 2010

A Tisket, A Tasket, A WSC Basket


This week's WSC challenge was to use one of MFT's templates and create something either Easter related or Spring related. I chose to use the new Easter basket template released last week along with the new What's Crackin set along with the new Stephanie Fizer Easter Daisies Digital Paper.

I started out by printing my template out on plain white copy paper, then tracing it out onto my digi paper and assembling. I decided to have two handles for my basket for extra support and held them in place with brads. After stamping and coloring my bunny, I added some K&Co daisies and a Martha Stewart punched out butterfly with gem stickers for the body.

Here's a close up of the basket showing the details of the butterfly's wings which were sponged with Stampin Up! pale plum ink.

For my card, I stamped my images on MFT white Perfect Panels in memento tuxedo black and colored with prismacolor markers. After cutting out with scalloped nesties, I sponged pale plum ink around the edges before popping up the saying that was punched out using a Marvy mega scalloped rectangle punch.


Once again K&Co daisies are added as well as a Martha Stewart punched out butterfly with gem stickers for the body and ribbon along the top.



Stamps: MFT What's Crackin
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Stampin Up! Pale Plum, Bashful Blue
Cardstock: White, Stampin Up! Pale Plum, MFT Perfect Panels
Accessories: Prismacolor Markers, Nesties, K&Co Daisies, Dimensionals, Martha Stewart Butterfly Punch, MFT Basket Template, Sponges

3 comments: