Wednesday, February 23, 2022

Christmas At The Beach

Hello and welcome.  First, COVID update on me - hung up with the lung doctor this afternoon. I'm still having symptoms although testing negative. She said it "normally " takes 6mos to recover completely from post-COVID symptoms. Since I was diagnosed end of January, it's going to be sometime this summer before I feel like myself again. She said not to push it & do everything I can to avoid re-exposure. Even though mask guidelines here have been lifted, and I'm vaccinated plus boosted, I'll be wearing a mask for the foreseeable future. She's doing everything possible to keep me off antibiotics and steroids since I've been on them so much. She's trying to prevent me from becoming immune to antibiotics.  So with that in mind, I'm going to try coloring and creating whenever I'm able to in order to keep my sanity.
 
The first card I want to share is a clean and simple card using the Winter Sparrows set from Lawn Fawn.  I started out by stamping the images in memento tuxedo black and rich cocoa inks onto some scrap white card stock before coloring using Castle Arts pencils.  After blending my coloring, the card was finished.

Challenges entered:
 
 
For my next card
, I wanted to go with a beach theme and have used this cute little digital image I've had for a while from Sherry West Art called Beach Bum Gnome and haven't used.  After printing him off onto Neenah white card stock, I colored him using Castle Art pencils.  Since I thought he looked a bit like the ZZTops band from the 80's (that dates me), I went with them as my inspiration.  (See photo)  Once my coloring was finished, and blended, I stippled some Tim Holtz Broken China distress ink along with some Adirondack caramel ink before layering and adding brads.  Once I added it to my card, I highlighted parts of the water and sun using ice stickles and then the sunglasses/beach ball using Ranger glossy accents.
 

 
Challenges entered:
 
 
 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.
 
Seasons Tweetings
Stamps: Lawn Fawn
Ink: Memento Black, Rich Cocoa
Card Stock: Neenah White Scrap
Accessories: Castle Art Pencils
 
ZZ Tops
Stamps: Sherry West Art
Ink: Tim Holtz Broken China; Adirondack Caramel
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Castle Art Pencils, Blender Pencil, Black Artist Pen, Ice Stickles, Brads, Glue Dots, Ranger Glossy Accents

 
 
 

7 comments:

  1. Your beach gnome certainly seems to be having a wonderful time! Such a cute card. Thanks so much for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a fun image with lovely bright colours.

    Crafting is such a good distraction. I hope you start to feel better very soon.

    Thanks for joining our challenge.

    Jo
    CD Sunday Plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the clean simple lines of the sparrow card. But I also like the Beach Bum Gnome!
    Pamela
    CD Sunday Plus DT.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ,,,abd tweetings to you too! I love your little trio!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your design, its clean, colourful and something different
    Thank you for joining us
    Margaret
    CD Sunday plus DT

    ReplyDelete
  6. Cute colourful tweeters. Thanks for sharing at The Holly and Ivy Christmas Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great cards, Bonnie Lynn and you hang in there, look how far you have come. Just look at it as a mere 6-month investment on the rest of your life's health. You could have died! Thankfully you persevered! I never thought I could self-isolate at home for 2 years, but I've done it and I'm kind of used to it now. Hugs! xoxo

    ReplyDelete