Wednesday, February 9, 2022

Christmas Cardinal

Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card that took me WAY too long to make even though it's clean and fairly simple; especially since I'm still dealing with COVID symptoms on top of my migraines.  This COVID virus is nothing I'd wish on anyone.  Ugh!  I colored the image last week during the Olympic opening ceremonies and finally got the card finished late last night. I've also decided to keep making Christmas cards until California gets some rain/snow again.  I can hope, right? Otherwise this summer is going to be REALLY bad!

I started out by printing the Winter Cardinal image I've never used, from Impression Obsession onto Neenah white card stock and then colored it using koh-i-noor pencils and a blender pencil.  Now if you don't like digital images, Impression Obsession also has it as a rubber stamp here.  I absolutely love their Gary Robertson line of stamps here and here.  I then stippled some Tim Holtz stormy sky and tumbled glass distress inks around my colored image for clouds and snow.  Once I had the colored image layered, I added only white brads and ice stickles for the snow to embellish the card.  This will end up being my husbands Christmas card this year.

Challenges entered:
 


 
Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day.

Stamps: Impression Obsession
Ink: Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Tumbled Glass Distress 
Card Stock: Neenah White; Stampin Up
Accessories: Computer, Printer, Koh-I-Noor Pencils, Blender Pencil, Brads, Glue Dots, Ice Stickles, PFS Blender Brushes, Ice Stickles

9 comments:

  1. ok i LOVE everything about this beautiful card, especially the part where the partridge in a pear tree became a cardinal in a birch tree! to creatively incorporate the items you had is so clever, not to mention being so pretty as a finished card. that's exactly the kind of creative "stretching" i hoped people would do for this challenge! thank you for joining our 12 Days fun at JINGLE BELLES!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the Christmas Cardinal ... so very glad you joined us for the 12 Days of Christmas at Jingle Belles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Christmas Card. Thanks for joining us at the CHNC Christmas Weekly this week for our Anything Goes, optional use Christmas Gnome challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful winter scene! Thank you for joining the challenge at Four Seasons!
    Diane FS DT {Nellies Nest}
    {Four Seasons}

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful scene Bonnie! Awesome coloring/design! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Four Seasons Challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back again soon.

    Darlene
    FOUR SEASONS CHALLENGE
    DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS

    ReplyDelete
  7. Migraine and COVID symptoms together must have been a horrid experience. Hope you’re feeling better.
    Lovely card and beautifully coloured. Not sure how long it will last but I made the same decision about trying to keep on making Christmas cards in the off-season.
    Thank you for sharing with us at NBUS.

    Prudence
    NBUS February Guest Designer

    ReplyDelete
  8. There's just something about cardinals and Christmas cards that go together and this pairing is wonderful, Bonnie! I so admire your spirit and motivation to keep making cards in spite of migraines and Covid! Feel better soon. Thank you for inspiring everyone at NBUS! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  9. This is lovely, Bonnie Lynn. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art in our challenges, and please visit again soon.
    Blessings,
    Karen L, DT Member
    The Four Seasons Challenge Blog

    ReplyDelete