Sunday, April 12, 2020

Raising The Flag


Hello and welcome.  Today I'd like to share a card made after finishing the book Monuments Men.  I highly recommend the book.  Wow!!  Even though the card is fairly clean and simple, it still took me over 2 weeks to finish it thanks to health issues.  For my card, I dusted off a severely neglected retired Stampin Up set called Courage and Honor.

After stamping my main image in memento tuxedo black, I colored it using both prismacolor and copic markers before highlighting parts of the flag with a white prismacolor pencil and white gel pen.  Once the coloring was finished, I stippled some stormy sky and caramel inks over and around the image before layering.  For the card, I stamped medals included in the Courage and Honor set in artichoke ink onto my card base.  The only embellishments used are some vintage brads and twine.

Challenges entered:

Splitcoaststampers MMTPT610 - Covered (make a card based on a book read or going to read) 
Colour Crazy Craft Week 14 - Anything Goes (must be colored) 
Crafty Friends #133 - Anything Goes 
Not Just Cards April 2020 - Anything Goes 
Splitcoaststampers USEIT2020 - Use That Forgotten Stuff 

Thanks for stopping by today.  Have a great day!

Stamps: SU Courage and Honor
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Tim Holtz Stormy Sky, Adirondack Caramel 
Card Stock: Stampin Up
Accessories: Prismacolor and Copic Markers, Prismacolor White Pencil, White Gel Pen, Stipple Brush, Brads, Twine
 

3 comments:

  1. Awesome card. Wonderful image. Thanks for sharing over at Colour Crazy challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello... Thanks for entering your lovely card into our ‘Anything Goes’ Challenge. Good luck in the draw and hope you will come back again soon.
    Diane Louise [Team Leader for Crafty Friends Challenge Blog]

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just fabulous hun. I love this make, it has so much emotion attached to that image

    Thank you for sharing with us at 'Not Just Cards' this month. I hope to see you create with us again soon
    Stay safe
    Hugs Shell xx

    ReplyDelete